Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Two camps of opinion

I guess when we make a decision to step out of our comfort zones and try something new it's normal to have moments of doubt.  Moments of wondering if our futures are truly pre-determined or whether we write the chapters as we go.  Is going to work in Australia something that I was always meant to do or is it me riding some small wave?  When a door opens, are you a person who gets excited and steps through it, or do you spend the next few months praying or meditating on it, waiting for a sign or asking God for guidance before committing to it?
I have always been more of a 'walk through the door' or 'seize the moment' kind of girl.  Knowing that if things are not meant to be, I will soon find out.  'Nothing ventured, nothing gained'.  So I shouldn't be suprised that people are going to have differences of opinion and some are going to be a little more pessimistic.  What is suprising is my lack of tolerance towards such people.

Since I announed the decison to go, peoples reactions tend to fall in one of two groups..  Those who are sooo supportive and excited for me and who ride the wave along side me, and then the other group, who I can tell from their initial facial expressions what is coming.  They generally begin by saying, IT'S SOOO HOT over there and continue to tell me all the negative things about such an experience, as though they have no idea I have not already done the pros and cons list for myself.  One person was less subtle and just said, 'You're mad'.  :)

While all such people profess to caring about me and not meaning any offence by their comments, such negative comments sure do begin to wear you down.  So for those well meaning friends of mine (whom I love), if I have come across a little 'pissed off' at you, or seemed less than patient over the last few weeks, I do indeed apologise.

No comments:

Post a Comment